Dreamers, Doers & Dreamers Who Do: Which One Are You?
By Carmen Greger
In the vast cosmos of dreams, aspirations, and ambitions, there lie three distinct breeds of human beings: the Dreamers, the Doers, and the extraordinary Dreamers Who Do. This intricate labyrinth of dreams and wished upon stars is filled with tales of those who see beyond the ordinary, forge their paths, or lose themselves in the wilderness of imagination. Which one are you?
Dreamers are the starry-eyed star-gazers. They are filled with hope, but often lack the skills, focus, and discipline to take actionable steps every day to manifest their greatest lives.
“Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.” – Langston Hughes
The Dreamers are creative yet often paralyzed by their lofty visions, trapped in the abyss of “what could be” rather than actually taking appropriate and productive steps working towards “what will be.”
On the other hand, Doers are the machines, the goal achievers, the workhorses. They are action-oriented, disciplined, and driven by productivity. Often, they lead stressful, overstimulating yet underwhelming lives, merely checking things off their to-do list, juggling multiple tasks effectively and simultaneously, but never really actualizing their dreams or living fulfilled lives.
They might be strategically and systematically conquering external mountains of productivity, but the process often lacks prioritized alignment with passion and purpose. In the words of Jack Canfield:
“We need to have a bigger life vision that goes beyond just wanting to be successful in the world’s eyes.”
Doers often fall short of this vision.
The Dreamers Who Do
Finally, we have the Dreamers Who Do. These are the rare gems that harness the creativity of Dreamers and combine it with the action-orientation of Doers. They understand that dreams take focus, discipline, and often hard work, but they are laser-focused, driven by and tuned into a deep desire, and believe in the rewards of aligning their actions with their deepest intentions to manifest the miracles, impact and prosperity they seek.
They are outside-the-box thinkers, taking “action for traction” consistently, understanding that there is a greater purpose for their lives. Their approach is one of calculated risks, positivity, and proactivity. They believe in visualization, leadership, mentorship, and self-worth, and they never shy away from learning from their mistakes.
“I never lose. I either win or learn.” -Nelson Mandela
The Power of Being a Dreamer Who Does
- Understanding Your Purpose: Ask yourself what you would change about the world and identify your natural gifts. What calls to your soul?
- SMART Goals: Set Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound goals. Apply this to every aspect of life, whether Spiritually, Physically, Intellectually, Emotionally, Socially, or Financially. Be specific and detail-oriented. Revisit goals on a weekly basis. Make necessary adjustments but never give up. Utilize visualization techniques. Seek mentorship. Cultivate self-worth. Embrace a sense of abundance.
High Traction Ways to Set & Get Your Goals- Zooming In for a Closer View
- Align with Your Core Values: Let your goals be a reflection of your innermost values and beliefs.
- Break it Down: Set smaller, achievable milestones that lead to your ultimate goal.
- Celebrate Successes: Acknowledge and celebrate even the small victories along the way.
- Stay Accountable: Share your goals with someone who can encourage and remind you.
- Adapt and Overcome: Be flexible and willing to adapt if you hit obstacles.
- Invest in Growth: Whether it’s books, courses, or personal coaching, invest in tools that help you grow.
- Connect with Like-minded Souls: Surround yourself with others who share your passion and purpose.
- Inspire and Lead: Great leaders inspire through empathy, integrity, and vision. Dreamers Who Do epitomize this leadership, guiding others toward greatness.
- Embrace Failure: If they stumble, they dust themselves off and keep going, knowing that the road to success is paved with failures and learning opportunities.
- Living a Fulfilling Life: Dreamers Who Do live fulfilling lives, showing up in the world as inspirations for all.
- Enjoying the Process: They are not anxious about the past or future but invest in the present, living life on purpose.
Dreamers Who Do are the bridge between the abyss of dreams and the mountain peaks of reality. They move with the grace of a flowing river, knowing that each drop contributes to a mighty force that shapes the world.
Your journey begins now. Let your wildest dreams fuel your actions. Move with purpose, grace, and unrelenting passion. Seek out mentors, create vision boards, and walk the path with courage.
“Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it; boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.” -Geothe
Let your life be the manifestation of dreams interwoven with purpose and a testimony to the resilience of the human spirit. Your legacy awaits; all you must do is reach out and grasp it. Become a Dreamer Who Does.
Taking a leap from being a mere Dreamer or Doer to a Dreamer Who Does requires an inner metamorphosis. It’s akin to a caterpillar’s transformation into a butterfly – it demands time, patience, resilience, and an unwavering belief in one’s potential.
Building A Bridge
Imagine standing at the edge of a vast chasm, with your current reality on one side and your wildest dreams on the other. To bridge this gap, you’ll need planks of faith, ropes of discipline, pillars of perseverance, and a foundation built on self-worth.
Ready to Bridge the Gap? Start by Utilizing the Following Reflection Prompts:
- What steps have you taken towards actualizing your dreams this year?
- Are you paralyzed by fear, or are you letting it fuel your journey?
- What can you do differently tomorrow to be a step closer to your dreams?
- What risk can you take today that might bring you closer to your dreams?
- How can you align your daily activities on a regular basis with your life’s purpose?
- What would you need to give up, and what could you potentially gain?
Embracing the Journey
Every step you take towards becoming a Dreamer Who Does is a dance between the divine whispers of your soul and the tangible steps of the earthly plane. It’s a harmonious symphony of unique and personal aspirations and actions.
“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” –Robert Frost
Embarking on this journey will not be easy, but it promises to be worth every struggle, every doubt, every moment of sheer exhilaration.
Before the world believes in you, you must believe in yourself. The very act of dreaming implies that you have a unique gift, a purpose that only you can fulfill. Cherish that. Protect it. It’s the ember that will ignite the flame of your passion and purpose.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, famous?” Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson
One of the hallmarks of Dreamers Who Do is their humility and the understanding that while they may be masters in their journey, they will always remain students in the journey of life. Seeking guidance, learning from those who have walked before them, and forging bonds with mentors can accelerate the realization of dreams.
Every Day Dreamers
Every day presents a fresh canvas, an opportunity to paint your dreams and shade in your aspirations. Your life is the masterpiece that you’re etching every moment. Will it be filled with the hues of regrets and the shadows of ‘what could have been’? Or will it shine with the golden gleam of purpose, passion, and possibilities actualized?
The difference between a Dreamer, a Doer, and a Dreamer Who Does lies in the choices they make every single day. Dream with your eyes open, act with your heart full, and create a tapestry of experiences that isn’t just about ticking off tasks but about leaving a legacy.
Now, with the horizon of your dreams in sight and the winds of purpose at your back, ask yourself once again: Which one are you? And more importantly, which one will you choose to be? Remember, the universe doesn’t just favor the bold; it champions the Dreamers Who Do.
The Legacy of Dreamers Who Do
When we embark on the incredible journey from Dreamer to Doer to Dreamer Who Does, we are setting the stage for a legacy that transcends generations. It’s not just about personal growth and fulfillment; it’s about shaping the world and leaving an indelible mark.
Vision Boarding & the Power of Visualization
Visualization is an immensely powerful tool for anyone aspiring to be a Dreamer Who Does. Cultivate creative thinking and imagination skills.
“If you can see it, you can be it.” -Daryl K. Stockdale
See, in your mind, in full detail, clear as day, your dreams actualized. Make it a full sensory experience. Hear the sounds, feel the textures, smell the aromas, experience the joy and delight of your dreams made manifest. And then continue to manifest them.
The more you practice visualization, the more you essentially train your body, brain and energy to receive the images as reality, the more magnetic your dreams become.
Creating vision boards, a tangible and vivid illustration of one’s goals and dreams, can serve as both an inspiration and a guide. This technique allows you to channel your inner Dreamer, all while maintaining a strong, actionable connection to reality.
- Create a vision board that resonates with your soul.
- Place it where you can see it daily.
- Let it be a constant reminder of your path, a compass to your true north.
Calculated Risks & Living on Purpose
The Dreamers Who Do understand that living a purpose-driven life means occasionally stepping out of comfort zones, embracing uncertainties, taking calculated risks and having the courage to follow their intuition.
Living a Fulfilling Life with Attention to Intention
A Dreamer Who Does does not merely exist; they thrive, live, and breathe their purpose. They understand that life is a symphony, with high notes of achievement and low notes of learning. They dance to the melody of dreams, not driven by anxiety about the future, but inspired by a miracle-mindset and a presence that invests in abundance.
The Dreamers Who Do know that the fabric of life is interwoven with meaning, connection, and impact. They are not afraid to be a vital drop in the ocean, as in being an inspired employee at a wonderful mission-based company doing phenomenal work, because they know that every drop creates ripples. They are not afraid to stand out, as in starting a mission-based company that may not yet exist, because they realize they will create the necessary team to generate the desired result and satisfy a particular need which will elevate impact and income for all involved. They are heart-centered, forward thinkers and live fulfilling, inspired and integrative lives on purpose.
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” -Steve Jobs
An Invitation to Greatness
You stand at the precipice of a decision, one that can transform you from a Dreamer, a Doer, or someone in between into a Dreamer Who Does. It’s an invitation to greatness, a call to explore the uncharted territories of your potential.
Ask yourself to take a deeper dive, offer up an intuitive, intellectual and multi-sensory response, and then prepare to leap…
- What are my greatest dreams?
- How can I live an impactful and prosperous life on purpose?
- What profound advice and guidance would my future self have for me should I ask? (Then ask said future self… and listen carefully).
- Who are the people that inspire me the most and what can I learn from them and apply to my own life?
- How can I most effectively bridge the gap between my current reality and my wildest dreams?
- What am I waiting for, and if not me then who and if not now, then when?
Embrace the guidance of mentors, the power of visualization, the courage of calculated risks. Cultivate self-worth, dance to the symphony of life, and let the legacy of a Dreamer Who Does be your guide.
In the mosaic of human existence, it’s not only the individual colors and shapes that make a difference but the comprehensive picture they create. Let your life be a masterpiece of dreams realized, a vibrant, timeless and textured canvas of purpose fulfilled. Remember always to allow and challenge yourself to think beyond the box, to honor your true calling and to show up fully to navigate, and co-create the miracles you are meant to make manifest. This showing up proactively and wholeheartedly to mindfully actualize your truest essence, greatest potential, and deepest desires, for yourself, for others and for all, is a testament to the extraordinary power of being a Dreamer Who Does.
Your time is now. Don’t just be the stargazer, be the star. Light up; the world needs and awaits your brilliance.